A Parrot allows the distiller to read the proof of the run in real time and is useful when making cuts during the distillation process. If your planing to make your own moonshine a Parrot is a great tool to have. This article will teach you how to make your own Parrot at home, anyone can do this with some basic Soldering skills and a little free time.
- 1 X 2″ to 1″ Bell fitting CXC
- 1 X 1″ to 1/2″ Bell Fitting CXC
- 1 X 1/2″ x 1/4″ Bell Fitting CXC
- 1 X 1″ to 12″ Copper Pipe- You can use L or M grade copper. The M has a red stripe on the side, the L has a blue which is for high pressure. The Copper Pipe is more expensive and if you have a choice pick the M or the RED STRIPE.
- 1/4″ X 18 ” piece of soft copper pipe
- 1/2″ X 1 ” piece of copper pipe
- 1 x 6″ Round Copper Plate
- 95/5 Silver Solder and Flux.
If you build your own Parrot we would love to see it! Send us a picture or drop us a line and let us know how it went. You can also make a Youtube video and link back to our blog.
If your thinking about buying a Still check out rainierdistillers.com they have some amazing custom made stills.
Here’s a video that shows you how to build a Parrot
This article was written by: Anthony Zaca