How To Make Dandelion Moonshine – Easy Step by Step Recipe!
You’ve probably heard of people eating dandelions in salad or making tea from them. But I bet you’ve never heard of someone making Dandelion Moonshine. That’s at least how I felt when a reader emailed me his recipe for Dandelion Moonshine. After trying some I decided I had to share this recipe with you guys. So If you’ve got a lawn overrun with these pesky weeds give this a try.
- 2 Gallons of water
- 4 Quarts of Dandelion blossoms
- 4 lb of sugar
- 2 Packets of bread yeast
- 6 Oranges
- 5 lemons
- Wash dandelions and pour them into large pot
- Make sure you get only the flowers remove all stems and leaves.
- Pour 2 Gallons of boiling water over them and let stand for 24 hours
- Strain through cheese cloth and pour into Carboy
- Add grated rind and 6 oranges, 5 lemons and 4 lbs sugar to dandelion wine
- Make A Yeast Starter using 2 teaspoons of yeast and add it to the Carboy
- Keep temperature between 18 C -23 C until fermentation is complete ( see: How To Tell Fermentation is Complete)
- Distill once fermentation is complete
- Add a tiny bit of honey and toasted american oak chips to the to the hearts and bottle in 500ml mason jars
- Let Dandelion moonshine age for 1- 3 months before drinking
Common Questions About Dandelion Moonshine
Can I make Dandelion Moonshine without a Still ?
- You could try dandelions in vodka with a bit of lemon and orange zest and a hint of honey. Not quite the same but it might work!
What’s the Difference between Dandelion Moonshine and Dandelion Wine?
- When you make Dandelion Moonshine your basically making Dandelion Wine and then simply distilling it.
Other Moonshine Recipes To Check out
- Home Made Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- Water Melon Moonshine Recipe
- Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe
Leave a Reply