Warning! Apple pie moonshine will sneak up on you! This stuff is so smooth and tasty. Use With Caution!
This recipe will make 9 quarts of Homemade apple pie moonshine. If you want more or less simple double or half the recipe. Can’t really think of a situation where you’d want less!
1 Gallon of pure apple juice
1 Gallon of Apple Cider
9 Cinnamon sticks ( I love cinnamon)
3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
15 whole cloves
8 oz of raw honey
1 quart and 1 pint of 170+ moonshine
Step 1 – Add 1 Gallon apple cider, 1 Gallon Apple juice, 9 Cinnamon sticks, 2 tablespoons of vanilla and 15 cloves to a large pot and bring it up to a boil
Step 2 – Let it lightly boil for 10 minutes
Step 3 – Add the sugar and honey now boil for another minute or so then turn heat off
Step 4 – Let it cool down to below 100 F and then add the Moonshine,
Step 5 – Remove the cloves and cinnamon sticks with a strainer. Pitch the Cloves and add a cinnamon stick in each of the mason Jars for extra flavor.
Step 6 – Fill up mason jars with the apple pie moonshine and your done.
I like to age my Apple pie Moonshine for at least a month before drinking. If your in a hurry though it still tastes great drinking it right off the stove.
Common Questions Related to this Recipe
How to make apple pie moonshine without a still ?
- If you don’t have access to a still you can simply substitute with everclear 190 proof or vodka 80 proof but you will need to add twice as much vodka to make up for it’s low proof
How to make apple pie moonshine from Everclear ?
- Simple just use the recipe I’ve listed above for Apple pie moonshine and simply substitue the Moonshine for Everclear. Everclear comes in two strengths: 190 proof and 151 proof. In some states you can only buy the 151 proof product. So use whatever you can get.
Is there a video I can watch to with making Apple Pie Moonshine?
- Check out this video from Claw Hammer Supply
Can you make apple pie moonshine with vodka ?
- You’ll just want to double up the quantity of Vodka compared to Moonshine
How to make apple pie moonshine with vodka ?
- Follow the instructions above
Apple pie moonshine proof ?
- This recipe will make about a 60 proof Apple Pie Moonshine ! You can get a rough idea of how strong moonshine is by checking the “bead.” Shake up a bottle of liquor and watch how fast the bubbles dissipate. This is known as checking the “bead”. The faster the bubbles dissipate, the higher the alcohol content. To learn more about proofing your Apple Pie Moonshine check out our post : How To Proof Moonshine The Old Fashion Way
Don’t forget to share with us how you liked this recipe!